Pages

27.2.13

THAT BLOG done - now back to my own,

In case anyone is interested in my account of the whole process of rewritng a novel, you can read my guest blog on
Read Short Stories and Write Short Stories at Shortbread | Home of the Short Story

Meanwhile back on my own poor neglected blog, the bananas are growing and its raining! This is a two fold blessing - it will fatten up the bananas, give every plant and tree in the area a good wash and a soaking, and put me in the right mood to pack for England.
So we are delighted to see it. The cat is not!
She  normally perches at the bottom end of the swimming pool retaining wall from where she can see the path along which we will return home from an hour of debauchery in the local bar, then she will lead us up the path, doing somersaults to trip us up.
When it rains she sulks in her nest on the outside sofa and looks at us as if its all our fault.

It was raining when I took this photo last October - the last time I saw my grandsons - so I am well prepared.
I shall be away for two weeks, leaving the OH to fend for himself - don't forget me while I'm gone!

10 comments:

  1. Have a great time in the UK. I return to Devon next Tuesday 5th March and won't return to Tenerife until October - keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not raining at the moment Lizy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring a coat and a warm jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I'll be waiting right here in England. It's raining here too, but our drizzle is wet and cold. Pack warm clothes--especially underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a really good trip - but pack lots of warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have taken everyone's advice - a suitcase full of warmth. See you in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We arrived in the UK yesterday, from our home in Orihuela Costa, on the Costa Blanca south of Alicante, with plenty of wool jumpers to keep out the cold. But they're not working. The difference in the temperature between our part of Spain and the UK is more of a shock then we remembered for this time of year. We are reminded why we spend winters in Spain. So from your warmer island part of Spain it will possibly be a bigger shock. Have a good trip though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The forecast says it's going to be unseasonably warm over the next week here in the UK so maybe you're bringing the weather with you. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely time with your family when you're over! Of course we won't forget you! How could we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Found you on A-Z list. Your life sounds interesting. I miss the ex-pat life (once lived in Malaysia). Also a writer--working on YA novel. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!